Search Archives:

Custom Search

Monday, April 10, 2006

George the Swami


"And so to answer your question, yes, I hear the protests, and I can understand why. I can understand why people are concerned about war. Nobody likes war, particularly me.

"I knew exactly what was going to happen when I committed these troops into harm's way. I knew there would be -- people would lose their life. I knew I would be trying to comfort mothers and fathers and grieving wives. I knew exactly what was coming. And if I didn't think it was the right thing to do, I wouldn't have sent them. And if I didn't think we would succeed in Iraq, I'd pull them out."
--G.W. Bush (from CNN)

Wait, you knew how this would turn out and you went ahead and did it anyway? The insurgency, the civil war, the loss of respect and standing for the US in the world - you knew all that, George? Either he's a psychic and a fool or a liar and a fool.

And I don't believe in psychics.

--Wisco
(Keywords: politics, quote, President Bush, Iraq, war, cloudy crystal balls )