Search Archives:

Custom Search

Friday, April 07, 2006

Quote of the Week: Harry Taylor

"You never stop talking about freedom, and I appreciate that. But while I listen to you talk about freedom, I see you assert your right to tap my telephone, to arrest me and hold me without charges, to try to preclude me from breathing clean air and drinking clean water and eating safe food. What I want to say to you, is that I, in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by, my leadership in Washington. I feel like, despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration. I would hope, from time to time, that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of yourself."
--Harry Taylor, audience member at a Bush event, to the President

--Wisco
(Keywords: politics, quote, free speech, courage )